Rajnita Banerjee is a young Odissi dancer from Kolkata, a disciple of Guru Ratikant Mohapatra, who wants to "establish herself as a dancer and join hands with the enlightens to take India to its greatest height of art and culture. "
Rajnita Banerjee stated her formal training in Odissi at the tender age of five from her mother Smt. Manjushree Banerjee one of the established dance exponents and Gurus in Kolkata. An artistic environment and encouragement from her parents made Rajnita interested in dance. She received the benefit of learning under the guidance of great Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra at Srjan, Bhubaneswar. There She has completed more than ten years training under Guruji. These training over the yeas grown Rajnita as a fine dancer. She also had the privilege to learn with Smt. Alok Kanungo and Smt. Sujata Mohapatra.
At present Rajnita continues her training under the able tutelage of Guru Ratikant Mohapatra. Her association with her guru Rajnita has imbibed within herself the essence of this style with purity and perfection. Her deep commitment to this dance form enables her to potray most effectively the fine sense of balance that combines nritta (pure dance) and abhinaya.
Her dedication and devotion to Odissi and her rapid climb from one height to another are evident in the number of prestigious performances she has given inside and outside the country.
CURRICULUM VITAEReading in B.A. 1st year in Shri Shikshauatan College. 7.
Cultural Education :
a) Odissi dance Practical training started at the age of 5 years under the Guidance of Smt. Aloka Kanoogo & Smt. Manjusree Banerjee. Then after practical training started at the age of 7 years under the guidance of Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra at Bhubaneswar. Presently odissi dance practical & theory taking training under the guidance of Guru Ratikanta Mahapatra & Sujata Mahapatra at Bhubaneswar & Kolkata.
b) Appeared for odissi dance Diploma Course from Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh successfully completed 5th year exam.
c) Appeared for odissi dance Diploma course from Prayag Sangeet Samitee, Allahabad successfully completed 6th year exam.
d) Appeared odissi dance competition at West Bengal Sangeet Academy and stood 5th position in the month 17th March, 1999
e) Appeared at Centre for Cultural Resources Training Talent Search Competition (New Delhi) and successfully received the scholarship in the field of odissi dance in the year 2000.
f) Appeared in Sanjukta Panigrahi award competition and stood 3rd position in the year 2003.
g) Appeared all Bengal School competition and stood 1st position in the year 2004.
h) Appeared Inter School Competition and stood 1st position in the month of February 2005. i) Appeared for Odissi Dance competition at West Bengal Sangeet Academy and stood 2nd position in 2007.
j) Besides the above apart Rajnita has attended many others competition and received the certificate. During the formative year itself she has started accompanying with her mother Smt. Manjusree Banerjee and her troupe in several programme stage shows & T.V. Programme. However for last couple of years she has performed in group and solo dance quite successfully, both on stage and on Doordarshan Kendra. Some of the note worthy programes till date in which she has performed is listed below
AT STAGE SHOWS
1) Group odissi dance programme at Sisir Mancha on 30th Sept. 1997.
2) roup odissi dance programme at Sisir Mancha on 17th Oct. 1998.
3) Solo odissi dance programme at Rabindra Sadan on 1st July, 1998.
4) Group odissi dance programme at Gyan Mancha on 11th Dec. 1999.
5) Group odissi dance programme at Udyay Sankar Festival at Madhusudan Mancha on 13th Dec. 1999.
6) Group odissi dance drama “Dashanan” with Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra, Sujata Mahapatra & Rati Kanta Mahapatra in Dover Lane Conference at Nazrul Mancha on 25th February, 2002. 7) Solo & Group odissi dance performed at Hyderabad Shilparam organised by CCRT (New Delhi) & Andhra Pradesh Govt. on May, 2002.
8) Group odissi dance at Netaji Indoor Stadium on the occasion of Inauguration of Diksha Manjuri and Barisha Sporting Club Centenary Festival on 28th November, 2002 at Netaji Indoor Stadium Chief Guest Smt. Lata Mangeskar.
9) Solo odissi dance programme at Madhusudan Mancha organised by Dance group federation on 26th April, 2003.
10) Solo & Group odissi dance performed at Mahajati Sadan on 5th November, 2003 organised by Bengal Timber Merchants Association.
11) Group odissi dance programme performed at EZCC, Salt Lake on the occasion of Doordarshan festival in the month of 21st April, 2004.
2) Solo & Group odissi dance performed at Nisha Gandhi Festival at Kerala in the month of 5th April 2004.
13) Solo odissi dance performed at Durgapur ABL Township organised by Tagore Musical Society in the month of 5th December 2004.
14) Solo & Group odissi dance performed at Kala Mandir organised by IBP & Co. Ltd., on the occasion of 97th foundary on 8th February, 2005.
15) Group odissi dance perform with Srijan on the occasion of Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra 80th Birth Anniversary on 8th January 2005 at Birla Sabhagar.
16) Group odissi dance performed at Banipur on the occasion of Banipur Cultural festival on 10th February 2005.
17) Duet & Group odissi dance perform at Rabindra Mandap, Bhubaneswar on 7th April, 2005, Samsmaranam in sacred remembrance first Anniversary of Guruji’s Passing organised by Srijan odissi Nrityabasa.
18) Group odissi dance perform at Kerala Nisha Gandhi festival 13th April, 2005.
19) Solo & Group odissi dance perform at Rabindra Sadan on 18th June, 2005 organised by Rakha Maitra Ballet Group.
20) Odissi dance perform in “Sradhanjali” of Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra organised by Forum of Calcutta on 14th August 2005.
21) Group Odissi dance performed at Konark Festival on 5th December, 2005 at Gyan Mancha.
22) Group odissi dance performed at Uday Shankar Festival on 27th December, 2005 at Rabindra Sadan.
23) Odissi dance performed in deesha, celebrating 80 years of odissi & legend on 8th January, 2006 at Uttam Mancha.
24) Group Odissi Dance performed in Samsaranam in sacred remembrance Second Anniversary of Guruji’s passing away organised by Srijan Odissi Nrityabasa on 8th April, 2006 at Bhubaneswar.
25) Solo Odissi dance performed in Baishakhi Festival on 12th April, 2006 at Bhubaneswar. 26) Odissi Dance performed in Shankat Mochan Festival at Beneras on 21st April 2006. 27) Odissi dance performed in ‘Adiguri Mohautsav’ at Puri on 27th May 2006. 28) Odissi dance performed in Indoor Festival on 9th of July 2006. 29) Odissi dance performed in Chandigarh Festival on 28th July 2006.
30) Solo Odissi dance performed in ‘Parampara’ organized by the Odissi Forum, Kolkata, 5th January 2006.
(30) Odissi Dance performed in Mukteshwar Festival, Bhubhaneshwar, 2006. (31) Solo Odissi Dance Performed in ‘Stars Of Tomorrow’organised by West Bengal Dance Group Federation, 2007.
(32) Odissi dance performance in the Literal Award Ceremony, Guwahati, 2007.
(33) Solo Odissi performance in Deesha Festival, Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Yuva Prativa Samman, Kolkata 17th April 2007.
(34) Solo Odissi dance performance in Baishakhi Festival, Bhubhaneswar 21st April 2007.
AT DOORDARSHAN DDI
1) Solo odissi dance performed in “Hare Kara Kamba” in the year 1997.
2) Group dance Title “Lakshmi Elo Ghare” as a Lakshni directed by Smt. Manjusree Banerjee in the year October, 1997.
3) Group odissi dance Title “Saraswati Bandana” as a Saraswati directed by Manjusree Banerjee 1998.
4) Group dance Title “Agamani” directed by Manjusree Banerjee in the year October, 1999. 5) Group dance drama “Devi Bijoya” directed by Manjusree Banerjee in the year 1999. 6) Group dance drama Title “Uma Elo Ghare” as a Durga directed by Manjusree Banerjee in the year October, 2000.
7) Group odissi dance performed Choreograph by Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra directed by Manjusree Banerjee in the August, 2001.
8) Solo & Group odissi dance performed in the month of July, 2003.
9) Group odissi dance performed in the month of April 2004.
(10) Group Odissi performance choreographed by Guru Ratikant Mohapatra, 2007
Rajnita Banerjee can be can be reached at email@example.com