Dr. Nachiketa Das, is a dual citizen of Australia and India, who hails from Bhubaneswar, Orissa, and at present resides with his wife Mrs. Shizuka Imamoto in Hiroshima, Japan. He holds a Ph.D. in geochemistry from the University of Glasgow, Scotland, and was a postdoctoral fellow in geology of Harvard University, USA. Dr. Das is a scientist, science administrator and academician, in the process of taking up a professorship in India as well as in Japan.
Dr. Das has authored two award winning books in Oriya, a collection of short stories, Kichhi Katha, and a travel story, Berlin-Berlin. He has two books in English, Kaya Yoga: Road to happiness, health and longevity; and A Pilgrim`s Journey, awaiting publication. His wife and he are directors of the School of Kaya Yoga (www.kayayoga.net). They request the members to take a look at the sections entitled Origin, Central Philosophy, Benefits and Acknowledgment of kayayoga.net.
Both Dr. Nachiketa Das and his wife Shizuka Imamoto have strong interest in literature, international relations, cultures of Japan and India, particularly that of Orissa, and Odissi dance. They have a few articles in an online newspaper www.hotnhitnews.com, which the members are invited to take a look at. Shizuka Imamoto, holds a MA Honours by research in international relations from Macquarie University, Sydney. Her thesis entitled, Racial Equality Bill: Japanese Proposal at Paris Peace Conference; Diplomatic Manoeuvres and Reasons for Rejection, is now posted online, in its entirety by Macquarie University. She holds a Bachelors degree in Japanese Literature from Hiroshima Jogakuin University,
- Ph.D.: Geochemistry, The University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
Title of the thesis: Geochemical Studies of Caithness Flags.
- M.Sc.: Geology (Environmental Sciences), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Grade A minus, 7.47 points in a 10 point scale.
- B.Sc. Geology Honours: Utkal University (Ravenshaw College), India, First Class Honours with Distinction. First Rank in the University.
- Intermediate Science: Utkal University (N.C. College, Jajpur), India. First Division.
- Matriculation: Board of Secondary Education of Orissa (Puri Zilla School, Balasore Zilla School), India. First Division.
- Diploma of Business, Bridge Business College, Sydney, Australia. Distinction.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management, Bridge Business College, Sydney, Australia. Distinction.
- Diploma in Remedial Massage (partially completed), Department of Health and Recreation, Sutherland College of TAFE (Loftus Campus), NSW, Australia.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Trainer (Category 2), The Workplace Learning Centre - The Dedicated Office, NSW, Australia.
- Senior First Aid Certificate, TAFE, NSW, approved by WorkCover, NSW, Australia.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Asia Fellowship awarded by Asia in Australia Council, a joint initiative of Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industries, and the Department of Employment Education and Training of the Government of Australia.
- Commonwealth Academic Staff Scholarship awarded by the Association of Commonwealth Universities, London, U.K., for doing a Ph.D.
- Junior Research Fellowship awarded by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, for research in geochemistry at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Title of the thesis: Geochemistry of Ferromanganese Nodules.
- National Scholarship awarded by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Government of India, New Delhi, India.
- Certificate of Merit under National Scholarship Scheme awarded by the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare of the Government of India, New Delhi, India.
- Director, School of Kaya Yoga, Sydney, Australia.
- Director, NRI Enviro-Geo-Tech Australia, Sydney, Australia;
[Consultant to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT); and the Department of Industry Science and Tourism (DIST) of the Commonwealth Government of Australia.]
- Director R&D, AMTECH Institute of Management & Technology, Sydney, Australia.
- Director-International, and Lecturer of Business and Management, Bridge Business College, Sydney, Australia.
- Geochemist, CSIRO Division of Petroleum Resources, Sydney, Australia; (Area of Research: Fluid History Analysis; Project Leader of Chemostratigraphic Correlation).
- Postdoctoral fellow School of Agriculture, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia; (Area of Research: Role of Manganese Oxide in soil health.)
- Senior Scientific Officer - Grade One, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi, India.
- Pool officer, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, India.
- Managing Director, D & D Chicken farm Pty Ltd, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India.
- Postdoctoral fellow in geology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA;
[Pennsylvania State University at State College, Pennsylvania; and Marine Biological Laboratory of Hebrew University at Eilat, Israel.] (Area of Research: Chemical evolution of oceans.)
- Assistant Warden, Dalrymple Hall of Residence, Glasgow University, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Lecturer in geology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India.
- Assistant Superintendent of New Hostel of Ravenshaw College, Cuttack, India.
(Past and present)
- Harvard Club of Australia, Sydney, Australia.
- Australian Society of Authors, Sydney, Australia.
- Member Key Reference Group of Sydney Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority, Australia.
- Australia India Business Association (AIBA), Sydney, Australia.
- Australian Petroleum Consultants’ Association (APCA) (Founder Member, and Board Member), Perth, Australia.
- Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia (PESA), Australia.
- Australian Petroleum Exploration Association (APEA), Australia.
- The Geological Society of America (GSA), Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- British Sedimentological Research Group, (BSRG), UK.
- Fellow, Geological Society of India, Bangalore, India.
- Harvard Club of Delhi, India.
- Society of Geoscientists and Allied Technologists (SOGART), Bhubaneswar, India.
- Australian Association of Massage Therapists (AAMT), Melbourne, Australia.
LISTINGS IN WHO’S WHO IN THE WORLD
- Who’s Who in the World, 1999, 16th Edition, pp. 363, Marquis, NJ, USA.
- Who’s Who in the World, 2001, 18th Edition, pp. 494, Marquis, NJ, USA.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCY
- Citizen of Australia.
- Overseas Citizen of India.
- Eligible for Permanent Residency of Japan.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Berlin Berlin, 1995, © Dr Nachiketa Das, (Travel story in Oriya language), Sri Lalita Prakasani (Publisher), M-581 (Phase VI), Sailasri Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India. Received Raja Ram Mohan Roy Foundation Award, 1997.
- Kichhi Katha, 1995, © Dr Nachiketa Das, (Collection of short stories in Oriya language), Sri Lalita Prakasani (Publisher), M-581 (Phase VI), Sailasri Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India.
- Kaya Yoga: Road to happiness, health and longevity, 2007, Ó Dr Nachiketa Das, ISBN: 9780980322309, Publisher School of Kaya Yoga, e-book, hosted in the website of School of Kaya Yoga.
- A Pilgrim’s Journey
Memoir in part, A part travelogue; From Vaults of a heart, A tale of love. (A 105,000 word fiction, submitted to a publisher.)
Selected Scientific Research Articles:
- Das, Nachiketa., Horita, J. and Holland, H.D. 1990. Chemistry of fluid inclusions in halite from the Salina Group of the Michigan Basin: Implication for Late Silurian sea water and the origin of sedimentary brines. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta Vol. 54 pp. 319-327.
- Das, Nachiketa. and Mackenzie, A.B. 1991. Distribution and geochemistry of Uranium in the Orcadian rocks from North East Scotland: A fission track study. Journal Geological Society of India Vol. 39 pp. 599-604.
- Das, Nachiketa. 1997. Chemostratigraphy of sedimentary sequences: A review of the state of the art. Journal Geological Society of India Vol. 49 pp. 621-628.
- Horita, J., Weinberg, A., Das, Nachiketa., and Holland, H.D. 1996. Brine inclusions in halite and the origin of the Middle Devonian Prairie evaporites of Western Canada. Journal of Sedimentary Research. Vol. 66 No. 5 pp. 956-964.
- Das, Nachiketa. 1998. Isotopic Composition of Middle Old Red Sandstone Carbonates: Implications for the palaeoenvironment. Journal Geological Society of India Vol. 52 pp. 403-416.
Selected International Business Articles:
- Das, Nachiketa. 1995 India: Asia’s other giant. Infrastructure, June Vol. pp. 18-21.
- Das, Nachiketa. 1998 Look north: Opportunities in India for Australian LNG projects. Oil & Gas Gazette Vol. 1 No. 78 pp. 32-34.
Selected Market Survey Reports:
- Das Nachiketa 1996. The S&T establishment of India and a proposed strategy to promote Australian S&T during Australia-India New Horizons 1996 and beyond. NRI Enviro-Geo-Tech Australia Report No. 1.
- Das Nachiketa 1996. Opportunities for carrying out geophysical surveys for petroleum exploration in India. NRI Enviro-Geo-Tech Australia Report No. 2.
Selected Scientific Reports:
- Das, Nachiketa, Llorca, S M, Sheehan, A M and Hamilton, P J 1994. Analytical procedures for stable isotopes in fluid history analysis. APCRC Unrestricted report No. 004.
- Das, Nachiketa, Andrew, A S and Hamilton P J 1994. Mineralogy, petrography and stable isotopic composition of carbonate cements from La Trobe Group sediments, Gippsland Basin. APCRC confidential report No. 058.
- Das, Nachiketa, 1993. Identification of clay minerals in samples from Gippsland Basin. APCRC confidential report No. 050.
- Krieger, F W, Eadington, P J, Das, Nachiketa, and Hamilton, P J 1994. Hydrocarbon and pore water migration history of sandstones from the Eaglehawk-1 borehole, Dampier sub-basin. APCRC confidential report No. 075.
- Krieger, F W, Eadington, P J, Das, Nachiketa, and Hamilton, P J 1994. Hydrocarbon and porewater migration history of sandstones from the Brigadier-1 borehole, Dampier Sub-basin. APCRC confidential report No. 078.