Mrs. Shizuka Imamoto, citizen of Japan and resident of Australia, is the co-director of the Kaya Yoga School with her husband, Dr. Nachiketa Das, of Orissa, India. She has a strong interest in international relations, literature, culture, yoga, and Odissi dance. Mrs. Imamoto may be reached by email at email@example.com
- Honors degree of Master of Arts by Research in International Relations, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, February 2003 – September 2006.
Title of the thesis: Racial Equality Bill: Japanese Proposal At Paris Peace Conference: Diplomatic Manoeuvres; And Reasons For Rejection. The 75,000 word thesis was well appreciated by the external examiners. In the words of Professor Kiyofuku Chuma, a well-known authority on the subject, ‘In this well-constructed thesis, the author has presented the concept behind this attempt from its birth to its finish, and clarified the historical and contemporary implications through the in-depth analysis of a large number of references. . . . I believe that the thesis will be a significant contribution to those who conduct research in this area and also great inspiration to future researchers.’
- Graduate Diploma in Language Teaching, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, 2001.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Japanese Literature, Hiroshima Jogakuin University, Japan, 1997. Title of the thesis: A Study Of The Poetry Of Kotaro Takamura: Characteristics Of Chieko Sho.
- VETAB (Vocational Education Training Accreditation Board of NSW, Australia) Certified teacher of Japanese Language, Sydney, Australia, 2003.
- Class One Junior High School Teacher’s Certificate to teach Japanese language, Board of Education, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, 1997.
- Class One Senior High School Teacher’s Certificate to teach Japanese language, Board of Education, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, 1997.
- High School Certificate, Kure Mitsuda High School, Kure City, Japan, 1993.
- (Ph.D.: Currently pursuing a research project entitled, ‘Indo-Japanese Relations In The Twenty-First Century.’
- English for Academic Purposes I, Macarthur English Language Center, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia. January to March 2000.
- English for Direct Entry, Macarthur English Language Centre, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia. April to June 2000.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Preparation (Academic), BEST Language & Culture Centre, Sydney, Australia. August to September 2000.
- International English Language Testing System (Academic), Overall Band 6.0. September 2000.
- The Japanese Studies Centre for Teaching Development Scholarships Year 2003 and 2004 of Macquarie University, Sydney, supported by Nippon Fellowship Foundation Fund.
- Corporate researcher, coordinator and organizer of International Business, at Japan Travel Bureau (JTB), Sydney, Australia.
- Non-Executive Director, School of Kaya Yoga, Sydney, Australia.
- Teacher at Otsuka Seminar Australia, 76/47 Neridah Street, Chatswood, NSW 2067, Australia.
- Lecturer at Australian Institute of Modern Languages, 10 Blenheim Street, Queens Park, NSW 2022, Australia.
- Teacher at Sydney Saturday School of Japanese, C/-Cammeray Public School, Palmer Street, Cammeray, NSW 2062, Australia.
- Office Assistant, Sales Department, Kyowa Mokko Corporation, Takehara City, Japan.
- Computer Operator, Seiwa Giken Ltd. (Consultant Architecture Firm), Kure City, Japan.
- Bookkeeper, Sogo Corporation Department Store, Kure City, Japan.
- Casual and part time jobs during and immediately after college education in Japan: (Assistant Teacher at a Kumon at Akitsu Town; Private Home Tutor at Akitsu Town and Takehara City; Supervisor and Evaluator at Oshu Private School, Kure City; Lighting Assistant, Kure Hankyu Hotel, Kure City; Salesperson, Riso Kagaku Corporation, Hiroshima City; Dentist’s Assistant, Muratani Dental Clinic, Hiroshima City.)
- Macquarie University Alumni Association, Sydney, Australia.
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) Alumni Association, Australia.
- Breakaway: International Travel Industry Club, Sydney, Australia.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCY
- Citizen of Japan.
- Permanent Resident of Australia.
- Eligible for Permanent Residency of India.